- UK Prime Minister David Cameron continues to push for a military strike, without giving indication as to what, exactly, would be struck.
- Not “news” precisely, but important to bear in mind, at at all times, the sheer magnitutde of US hypocrisy.
- US Intelligence admits there is no “smoking gun” to link the Assad regime with the chemical weapons attack.
- UK & US remain skeptical about blaming Assad, saying “it is not a slam dunk.”
- From the above article, a graphic of potential strike targets in Syria:
- Canadians John Greyson & Tarek Loubani may be released from prison in Cairo as early as next week.
- Interim president Hazem el-Beblawi decides not to dissolve the Muslim Brotherhood.
3. Fraser Institute inanity
- A new report from the Fraser Institute concludes that all immigration of “parents and grandparents” be ended, so as to ease the “fiscal burden” of immigrants & refugees. Make of this what you will.
- MP Niki Ashton deconstructs a recent report from the same which concludes that the minimum cost of raising a child is $4000/year. Yup.
4. Poll: Half of Canadians say government surveillance is OK
- Too depressing for words: here.
5. The Most Astonishing Headline of 2013?
(Update – 11:33am)
- French prosecuters have launched a criminal investigation in to the NSA’s PRISM spying program
(Update – 2:29pm)
- Using documents provided by whistleblower Edward Snowden, the Washington Post details the top-secret US “Black Budget,” the goals, expenditures, & logistical history of never-before-scene global spying apparatuses.