- Tel Aviv has recently announced the creation of racially segregated kindergarten, designed apparently for Israeli citizens of “sub-Saharan African” descent (ie., Sudanese, Eritreans, &c) after many of the city’s Jewish parents threatened to remove their children from school rather than have them intermingle.
- Canadian citizens John Greyson and Tarek Loubani, still detained in a prison in Cairo wthout charge, are apparently in “good health in spirits” according to a lawyer who recently visited them. There is no indication they will be released any time soon.
- An interesting on-the-ground report from Egypt from The Guardian: here.
3. Climate Change
- A haunting new report on global warming, written by Canadians, to be released imminently by the UN.
- The UN’s Intergoverment Panel on Climate Change to release a report reccommending that African nations prepare for “extreme weather.”
- Noam Chomsky: “Manning should be praised.”
- An interview with Pentagon Papers lawyer Daniel Sheehan:
5. Nigerian food crisis
- Conflict in Nigeria between government forces & jihadist group Boko Haram has led to a severe food crisis. More here
- Information commissioner Ann Cavoukian tables a 35-page condemnation of the Liberal Party, claiming they knowingly deleted emails related to the scrapping of two gas plants