- Obama wins support of the House Foreign Relations Committee for a strike on Syria.
- UN warns that a US military strike without UN approval would be illegal under international law.
- John Kerry misrepresents the number of dead in chemical weapons attack.
- Prime Minister Stephen Harper is, apparently, a “reluctant convert” of military intervention.
- From DemocracyNow, as superb interview with Rep. Alan Grayson:
2. Chelsea Manning
- Pvt. Chelsea, formerly Bradley, Manning has officially sought a presidential pardon.
3. Domestic surveillance
- A primer in what Canadians need to know about CSEC spying.
- Despite protest, the government is still strying to keep its spying program in the dark.
- Fantastic overview from the Canadian Civil Liberties Association.
- The international community condemns Barrick Gold’s attempt to prevent rape victims from seeking justice